Friday, August 15, 2008

A week

This week was mostly sleeping, the only thing I would be good at except I don't do that very well either.
The Volvo decided to leave off running way too lean and start running way too rich.
I don't want to accept that the air flow meter is bad again already so I've been making little experiments to try to isolate the problem.

We bought an '09 Prius because at 306,00 miles the Volv' is due to be replaced anyway.
Getting a bit shabby even when running right.
We won't get the Toy' for a couple months but I don't want to drive the
Volvo as it is running right at the moment.

12 mpg is not acceptable.

So I put s restrictor behind the air flow sensor to trick it into thinking that the engine is going slower than it really is and feed it less gas.
So far, I've noticed an encouraging lack of black smoke and a slight hesitation on acceleration both of which indicate a leaner mixture.
I'm mostly certain that the problem is the airflow sensor, but I will hold off until I can get a good mpg reading.

We still have the Vespa, the VW and the bus.

Nice hot days, records. I like it (can't say that at home, there is no temperature that's to her liking)

I see no point in complaining -
of things you can't do -
anything about

Except for the fun of it -
the sport of it.
The sheer God like Joy -
of imagining that -
you could -

Nothing unusual on Wednesday's journey.
Except that while waiting for the #9 bus to go home, a guy sat down on the bench next to me and asked if it was alright if he smoked.
O.K. by me.
Oh yeah, had a little conversation with the barista at Victrola got to tell hin about my music a bit, he's a musician too.
Oh yeah, yeah, they were out of sandwiches, so no Zambelli.
Had a noodle salad instead.

That's all the news from lake Woe-shington. (ha ha ha)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being