Friday, August 01, 2008

SSO disrespect

I'm just out of the shower after some wheel work on the V'vo.
Had to replace some lug nuts that'd stripped out.
One of the studs had damaged threads.
I had to get creative because the Volvo studs have a 13mm x 1.25 thread count and I have no similarly threaded tap
Fortunately, a 1/2 x 20 SAE thread count matches the metric thread count near as dammit.
An inch is 25.4 mm so 1/2 inch is just a bit smaller than 13 mm but I only needed to clear out the first 1/8 inch and let the new lug straighten out the rest.

Wasn't the only reason I needed a shower, however, this week has been a week of mechanical adventure all around.
Fidelio also got a new chain which finally seems to have improved its gear shifting difficulties.
Also some critical cable adjustments.

D'oh! I meant to get some mew brake pads when I was at the bike shop.

I havn't had a chance to give it a thorough road test yet so surprises are likely to still be in the offing.
Maybe a trip to the bike shop for the pads will be a good shakedown cruise.

Tonight is the final night of the Chamber Music Festival.

I know that you all rely on me as a source of SSO disrespect, and I have a post percolating in my head.
I'll get to it asap.

Also coming soon to a theater as near to you as you are right at the moment;
An astounding insight as to the nature of dinosaurs and their ossified remnants,
A thorough explanation of the Peloponnesian war. (I mention Thucydides a lot, only fair I let you know what I'm talking about)

More verses to my "Why don't you just go home" song.

Some irrelevant comments about the SFO (I just read an history by ummm... David Schneider)

Steve Martin once had a comment about Richard Nixon in exile.
Steve imagined Nixon with a metal detector walking forlornly along the beach at San Clemente.

I somehow can't keep myself from seeing Gerry Schwartz in that picture.

I'm starting to get the hang of enharmonic spelling....a bit of it anyway.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Lane Savant said...

I meant, of course new brake pads, the mew ones aren't worth a damn.

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you invite us to laugh because whenever
I read your pathetic spec posts, that's just what I do.

...............L. Armstrong.

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, me too.
.............G. Lemond.

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big talk,
Tour de France winners.
We invented the airplane!
So neener neener....

..............Wilbur and Orville

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a similar reaction to your "music"

....a different L. Armstrong

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!
Cruel and unusual punishment, sicking G. Schwarz on a tethered R.M. Nixon, but he deserved it!!
Question: "Who's the 'Who' in the above??????????????????
Tschuess,\
Anonomann

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being