Thursday, March 13, 2008

Open letter to Eddy Emerald

This is in answer to Eddy's comment on my last post.

In eleven years of study and presenting mediocre to awful works at the salon (sort of an "open mike" thing).
I've written one, count 'em, one piece that I consider to be the sort of thing I'm trying to write.
In the mean time, I get harassed by the sleazeball Seattle Symphony for giving them 1000 hours of volunteer work and about ten years of season ticket patronage at about a grand a year
I get discriminated against by a couple wimmen who probably ought to be using their energy at a shrink trying to find the source of their agony (hint..it's not me)
My religious beliefs tell me that the way to make the world better is to respect everyone to the best of my ability, to love everyone to the best of my ability.
I got this silly idea from listening to "Christians" when I was a kid.
It was, of course, a "Christian" with the same beliefs who screwed me.
This is the way the world works.
It ain't gonna get "better".
There is no respite.
There is no solution.
So I have no reason to believe that there will ever be anything but fraud, past, present, or future.
Or that "music" has any real value.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, yeah, dude--no offense, but we've heard that song before. I think you have created more than (1), count 'em, musical compositions that were "interesting" and that "showed promise". If the one piece you refer to as OK is the last piece that got performed recently, yes, that might be your best so far.

The SSO slight, their dunderheaded bone-headed handling of the Palmer Case, and the idiotic way they still try to get you give them donations anyway is unconscinable, but that had nuttin to do wit your love affair with Music. Do not let Music hear you claim that it has "no value", because it does, and so do you, as a composer, a half assed artist, and human being.

The Christian hypocracy issues are long-standing and would take reams of philosophy and harangue and essay and narrative to begin to touch on the sad way Christianity misleads, misaligns, misinforms, and hurts some people; and that is not denying Christ Consciousness, I am just saying that the term, and the reality of being a "Christian" is, and can be, a synonym for hypocracy and cruelty; the last bastion of the zealot and the mentally deranged. You got the short shrift, that is a fact. But don't let it sour you on all of humanity. Getting screwed is not just the American Way, it is human nature. Welcome to the "I just got screwed (again) club", like Butch and his Isuzu.

You are on the right track when you discuss caring for other people, in searching for the best in them, and what they have to offer the rest of us. Fraud is a criminal offense, and an emotional one. There are lot of Frauds out there, and folks perpetrating it. So sometimes one gets involved in being the Screwer, rather than the Screwee.

Anyway, Dougie, there still are those of us out here that "love" you, and love your strong strident voice as you rant and shake you fist and your booty. So rave on, rant on; keep on trucking.

Eddy

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!
Everyone who calls her/himself a Christian may/may not always (or ever) act like one (see G.W.Bush!).
It is easier being an athiest, but that's not the only reason I'm one.
-- (athiest) Anonomann

3:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, again, Lane!
This time I wish I were the above "Anonomous" (=Eddy). I agree with EVERYthing he wrote in his (I guess he's a he) comment, wholeheartedly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-- Anonomann

3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being