Thursday, March 06, 2008

Luxury Thursday

I got the Vespa out last Sunday and it immediately got a bit of junk stuck in it's main jet. I got that fixed but I've smelled gasoline ever since. But, however and anyway, Meredith started riding it again so I had the Volvo to take my usual run into town.
The Volvo has a heater.
The Volvo has power steering and power brakes.
Even a radio-CD player (when I remember to take the removable faceplate)
The Volvo is reasonably weather tight.
Although, I didn't actually go into town.
Missed the coffee at Ladro.
First I went to Kinko's in Tukwila to get copies and binding of the Minnesota score.
Then it was on to my old neighborhood (Queen Anne) for lunch at the Queen Anne Cafe
(used to be Burnies, long time passing.)
Waffle, 2 eggs over easy, 2 sausage, 2 bacon, 10 bucks 2 dollar tip.
Then to school.
I was no more than a few minutes in the David's small office when I thought it might be better if I didn't stay, even though I feel much better today.
Remembering all the life threatening diseases he and his family has suffered this truly miserable winter, he quickly concurred.
So I went home.
Kinko's message on the answering machine soon had me on the road again.
Now I've got almost all I need to get the Minnesota project in the mail postmarked tomorrow.

Amusing thing at Kinko's. The parking lot is full, full, full, at least 30 cars.
Inside it's empty, no more than 6 people, even counting employees there couldn't be more than a dozen visible.
There is apparently more to Tukwila than meets the eye.

So....anyway,..anywhere, any....what.....?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

So Vespa Man, was Meredith successful in her ride to Boeings, or did the scooter pee gasoline onto her leg?

I forget how many miles you have on the Volvo station wagon, like over 300,000? Not too many Fords putting around with that kind of pedigree. And you two have ventured forth on road trips in the Volvo, unafraid of a break down; and that perhaps because you have a trained mechanic with you, which puts you a leg up on the rest of us who hit the road.

No Ladro coffee? Does that mean no peanut butter cookie as well? Damn, life can be so cruel. But what a compensation--a full blown breakfast there at the Queen Anne Cafe, aka Burnie's; loading up on those carbs and great fat; but 12 bucks for breakfast is an asskicker--but hey, gasoline is almost 4 bucks a damned gallon. Makes us glad to own a Toyota Camry Hybrid. I feel smug cuz I am patting my tummy as I type, and it is happy with its load of a McSkillet Burrito, a Sausage Egg McMuffin, and a very large orange juice. That is my
Friday morning treat each week; something to look forward to, and work towards. After I retire I might even continue the McTradition.

Kinko's in Tukwila--is that the nearest store? Or is it a Super Kinko's. I thought there was one in Renton, and one on Queen Anne Hill. Is the clerk at Tukwila a fox? Have you done business with them in the past? What's the deal, dude? Probably the 30 cars in the parking lot were punks setting up drug deals, or business men who were having business lunches at the next door Strip Club.

So Hurray, Hurrah, and Hip Hip Skippy Doo, the Minnesota project is all noted up, and copied up, and ready to ship; or possibly already shipped. Do you have a good feeling about this year's competition? You have grown so much as a composer, and enjoyed a modicum of success, so now it should fall into line that you will win that competetion, and then boogie to Minnesota to hang out with the squareheads for a week, and hear your piece performed live; what a deal!

Too bad your Composing Class got nipped in the bud, but your always were such a "considerate" cuss, always thinking of others first. Is David aware of Minnesota?

Glenn

5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!
Toi, toi, toi for your Minnesota cómposition!!!!
The LL (and I) wish Meredith safe driving and great weather when she rides La Vespa to work and back!
What an unhealthy breakfast you had on Queen Anne! We still wish "Long life to you!).
Tschüß,
Anonomann + LL

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being