Monday, January 29, 2007

More Religious Stuff

Have you ever actually tried to turneth away wrath with a soft word.
Remember Job?
You know, don't you, that random acts of beauty are often referred to as "grafitti'?
You know, don't you, that sensless acts of kindness are often called "harassment"?
God put you in the world because he wanted you in the world and he didn't invent the escapism of religion.
The bible is a human invention. All the gospels are titled "according to "prophet so-and-so"
The second commandment of every "religion" is "don't worship idols or graven images"
that is what the bible is.
Don't come to me when you find out that you've wasted your life waiting for "heaven"
Get it while you can.
This is my first post from a computer not my own. I am at the Seattle Library, where the handrails of the escalators go faster than the steps.

4 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Maybe some brief trips into your body and out of your head would be a good thing for you. Have you considered learning Tai Chi? I could recommend a very fine teacher in your area if you like.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

I experienced a brief trip into my body just this morning with the seond most intimate ongoing relationship with a woman in my life. that is to say my dental hygieneist had her fingers in my mouth.
Gotta love 'em all.
It is starting to look a lot like bicycle weather, though, doesn't it?
Sure, go ahead, recommend away. I probably wont do anything about it, but you never know.
My body, like Jesus' poor, is with me always. My mind, however is frequently on vacation, seldom capable of describing where it's been.
I'm starting to think slumlords again.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

OK... I'd recommend starting with Yang style Tai Chi (or Taiji Quan). There is no better teacher than Andy Dale... I've tried several. Hereis the link to his website, and here is a description of the Yang style. I hope you do this, although I'll be jealous.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Thank you Robin, you are a gem

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being