Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Bikeapocolypse

I am getting old, or sick. Tried to do 30 miles yesterday. Started out to do 20, would have been satisfied with 10 but felt O.K. at 15 and decided to try for 30. Didn't make it. Checked out the new addition to the ship canal trail and found myself 17 miles away from home at the Ballard bridge. By the time I got back to UW I was feeling weak by the time I got almost to Leschi I was walking even on the flat. Dragged my sorry ass to Leschi and called Meredith to come and get me. Got 26.18 miles (including the walking) which seems to be my limit these days So phooey! 26.18 miles 9.0 average speed 34.4 maximum speed, don't know where that happened. 2:54:16 hours on the trail. 2534.16 miles on the odometer. Splog

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Maybe at 70 years old, most men
would have been less ambitious,
and more satisfied with anything
over 20 miles. I, as a gimp who cannot
walk one mile, have a hard time
grasping the notion that you are
slowing down. You have been the
iron man for all of the 50 years
of our friendship. But as Melva says,
"Get over it.".

4:08 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Bullshit, I'm gonna do 100 this summer.

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!
Yes, go for 100; but, if you get rtired underway, like this time, and there is a bus line around, like this time, simply put your bike on the bus' bike rack and eventually change to the 7-Prentice St. bus, and it will take you up the hill to within two blocks of your house. Be thankful for Metro; I am!!!!
Grüße from the "lovely Librarian and me to you, Meredith, and Keth.
Tschüß,
Anonomann

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being