Sunday, December 12, 2010

This week

Missed the Book group meeting Sunday, just flaked out.
Most likely was a good one, poetry.
That's probably why I missed it.
Can't decide whether I want to feel like a wimp for not reading anything or an idiot for reading some of mine.
Monday started out with a donated pint of blood.
Meredith fainted a bit at the blood center.
She still seems weak but is basically O.K.
Tuesday was the 7th and my annual pearl Harbor joke.
Fooled around with Duke Nukem.
Wednesday was class.
Watched and critiqued the video.
Met up with some old friends on top of old Queen Anne hill.
Couldn't talk anyone into taking any of my CDs
Fooled around with Duke Nukem some more.
Thursday I edited the video and posted it in various places, mainly Facebook.
I don't think I did anything Friday.
Maybe I did, maybe I didn't.
I don't remember.
Saturday, I went out in the cold with a bucket and a brush and washed the mold off the VW.
And fooled around with Duke Nukem.
and I watched as much of the original "Little Shop of Horrors" as I could
before SNL came on.
Paul McCartney,
Today I contacted some people about putting the piano/sax piece on the next salon.
That's Friday, January 7.
Got all my musicians on line. Got the amended scores printed got the CD burned.
Got all that in the envelope stamped and ready to mail.
Hope there's room on the show.

Now I'm doing this.
Only now I'm not.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!!
I just read this info-loaded, great blog. Thanks for all the info in it!!
I'm surprised nobody wants your CDs!! They don't know what they are missing!! Same with the musicians to whom I have given your CDs and score over here!!
I'm glad I'll be in Seattle on 7 Jan and look for ward to hearing the sax-piano piec live, if I can get a ride with you to that concert.
The LL got back from Portugal yesterday and sends regards (as usual) to you, Meredith, and Keth.
It is nice to give blood, but if the result is that Meredith almost pased out after so doing make one question whether she should continue to do so.
That you missed the book-club session is their loss, not yours.
Tschüß,
Anonomann

1:42 AM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Missed the deadline for the Jan 7 concert.
Will try for the next one.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Your poetry is worth reading
aloud or silently, with or without
alcohol. Was it the book club
members reciting or reading
poetry, some of it their own,
or who was the poet you
focused on?
I used to get faint when I
donated blood too; gave it up
when the decided my blood was
not kosher, secondary I guess
to my medical issues.
Like the folks who refused your
love gifts of CD magic, theirs
was the loss.
Are you ever going to get another
action video game, or does Duke
Nukem have so many levels of
difficulty you have not mastered
it yet? I look forward to Dec 7th
primarily for your salute to Dean.
How did Janet's show/auction go?
Again, I really liked the video of
your performance art; it just seemed
to transform your work onto a
higher plane somehow.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

I play Duke because I can make my own levels. Then I don't play them for a while until I forget how they go.
Meredith got some tests done this morning, way low on iron. we are eating steak and hamburger and she's eating molasses.
Nobody bought anything. I'm planning on starting a site for Janet so she can show all her stuff.

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane,
Please pass this along to Meredith.
Anoneman and I hope she is once again in good health and stays that way.
Spinach is very heavy with iron and we hope she is now eating a lot of it. We are having it for lunch tomorrow and I love to eat it. I ate a lot of spinach while I was in Portugal.
We hope she and you will be well enaugh to come to Los Angeles while we are there ( 10-21 February)!
Tschüß,
LL

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being