Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Happy birthday Melva.

Been working all evening on scores and parts for a piece called "Double Play".
It's for piano and tenor saxophone.
It's a reworking of the piano and horn piece, movement 3.
It's for a performance for David's students at SCCC's Erickson theater in about 3 weeks.

I don't have a patch on my computer for saxophone, so I made one up by putting together a muted trombone and an english horn.
   
Still sounds quite unlike a sax, so rehearsal should be revealing.

So now I don't know what to do with the rest of the day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Miss Melva thanks you for the'
birthday greeting, and will
celebrate it one minute after
midnight on the first few seconds
of October 21. She works tomorrow
while I pack the SUV and get things
ready to rush off into nasty Ft. Lewis
traffic on our way to Pac Beach.
Of course, Tess Kincaid DID have
a birthday today, and Tom Petty,
and Bela Lugosi, and Viggo
Mortensen. Have you don your
Magpie yet. I need to go check.

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!!
Great example of creative practicality: Patching a muted trombone with an English horn to create a sax-sound; it may not have been perfect, but I can't think of a more appropriate combination to create a rasping sax-sound!!
This will be "for David's students", is he using this as an example of "how to compose"?? That would be a great, deserved honor!!
Regardsfrom the LL to you, Meredith, and Keth.
Tschüß,
Anonomann
P.S. On the 26th, I'm off to a week in Turkey, as I can't be in the EEC legally for more than 90 days at a stretch.

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Glenn (+ Melva)!!
Although I haven't met either of you, I also send my birthday greetings to Melva: einen glücklichen Geburtstag und ein gesundes neues Lebensjahr wünscht
Anonomann

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being