Thursday, January 22, 2009

For cran and for dorsen

The MTT piece "Street Song" for Symphonic Brass was magnificant.
The golden glow of the instruments produced a golden tone that was, at the same time, smooth, liquid, edgy, and sonorous.
The lithe horizontals capered over the lush verticals in a way that lifted me into an ethereal plane of existence.
While the masterful treatment of the harmonic distribution was matched only by the genius of the intervallic modulation.
Hats off, gentlemen.
I almost wish I coulda' been there.

Could have used more cowbell, though.

Today the trip downtown was thwarted when I discovered all the computers were in use.
Ran into a SSO acquaintance though, and a little BS session more than compensated for the loss.
Live conversation is best.

But I did get to my Q.A coffee shop.
Settled for a tall drip alone this time.
Meredith made some some cinnamon rolls yesterday and one of those along with the cheerios and coffee was enough carbohydrates for the day.
In fact, with all the time saved by not being able to use the SPL computer, I used up some time at SCCC and ended up chewing a pepperoni stick from their snack bar.

The symphonic piece progresses by leaps and bounds.
I hope I finish it soon, 'cause I'm almost out of bounds.

Vale

4 Comments:

Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Ahh, I was all seet to call in the forces about you having coffee only until I read about M's cinnmamon rolls.

Live singing too, a live performance is better than the recording.

Usually.

Well, sometimes, depending on who's singing.

I'm better in person.

4:54 AM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Wow, even though I have no earthly idea what "cran" or "dorsen" is, or are, the title sounds cool. I was able, of course, to reconstruct your prodigy with my own linebreaks, and push it into a pulsating poem thusly:

For cran and for dorsen


The MTT piece "Street Song" for Symphonic Brass was magnificant.
The golden glow of the instruments produced a golden tone
that was, at the same time, smooth, liquid, edgy, and sonorous.
The lithe horizontals capered over the lush verticals in a way
that lifted me into an ethereal plane of existence.
While the masterful treatment of the harmonic distribution
was matched only by the genius of the intervallic modulation.
Hats off, gentlemen.
I almost wish I coulda' been there.

Could have used more cowbell, though.

Doug Palmer January 2009

Must be a bitch when the SPL computers are all in use. Do you still use them to scan photos, or are there other functions that are harder from your home PC?

Yes, Jannie, I've heard you are better in person, although your cyber personality and pics are pretty peppy and perk as well.

Slave away, sir, on your symphonic piece; the world awaits. I guess you could say that about a lot of things, like prosperity, peace, hitting the lotto, regaining health, washing your car, trimming your nails, and other stuff too.

It is already the weekend again; damn pesky things. I will be forced to stay up late, catch up on some reading, watch several movies, sleep in late, and eat whatever I feel like. Life can be such hell sometimes, enit?

Glenn

6:15 AM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Jannie, you are plenty good enough as you are, a flat screen full of text and a picture of your eye.
Thinking of you any better strains my delicate mental apparatus.

Myself, I'm much worse in person.
Because I can't edit or proofread the stuff that falls out of my head.
And all those other can'ts mentioned on my profile.

Glenn, "for cran and for dorsen are words in the background of a Frank Zappa satire of '50s teen music from the album "Reuben and the Jets".

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!
Where did you find the review of MTS's brass piece?? I'd like to read the rest of that review!!
Tschuess,
Anonomann

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being