Monday, October 27, 2008

Honda

Neighborhood party last night.
I agreed to get a neighbors Honda Elite scooter started.
That's what I've been doing this morning.

Fuel problem, maybe. Charging it's little teeny battery as we speak
(as I type, actually)

Other than that there's nothing new here.

My voting finger is cramping up in anticipation of the long awaited 4th.

I suppose a picture might make up for a lack of inspiration.


Pacific ocean beach.


Tire tracks.


Meredith in a yellow Land's end jacket.


Horizon.



I'd quit now but I still have a half a cup of coffee to finish.

The battery's probably not charged yet, anyway.

Hmmmm....

None of this is funny, which makes the blog title somewhat irrelevant.

But, in a greater sense, lot's of stuff is.

Stuff we worry about anyway.

Actually, I feel a bit guilty today for not worrying about stuff.

Even stuff that's supposed to be relevant.

I've got one vote and I'm not afraid to use it.
If the world continues on it's basket borne descent, at least it's not my fault.

Ummm......

Well, I guess I'll just Bug off.

So long, Doc.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Amazing photograph! I hope you fram it and show it.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Yes, that photograph reeks with symbolism and panache. You should frame it. Makes a fella like me want to compose a short poem, or something. Rick Mobbs, after 10 months, has fatigued with the image prompt deadlines, and so has ended that cycle. Hope he keeps the site going; interesting guy and terrific artist and writer. Janet Leigh is back, and she is swinging with both her fists at Halloween, and the sadness of Jennifer Hudson's family. Her sabbatical was long, and she was missed, that Janet poet and host and huge heart.

Seems like you all have a ton of block parties and neighborhood parties over there on the edge of the Lake. I can't imagine such goings on in Sumner. Then again maybe someone has them, and no one has ever invited me, enit?

I just got a copy of Sherman Alexie's THE SUMMER OF BLACK WIDOWS, and it is full of wonderful poetry that will find its way to FFTR. At some point I will have most of his shorter poems all posted; quite a feat, and a sterling tribute to one of the strongest poetic and political voices in the Northwest.

In Pierce County we almost all vote absentee ballots. I have already exercised my right to vote, and this time I hope it is not in vain. The fascists stole two elections. Maybe this time it will go by the numbers, and Barrack Obama will emerge triumphant. History in the making; the fading out of Sarah Palin, the disappointment of Tina Fey, the shutting down of the McCain mantra.

Oh, gosh, for those few souls out there that still stand proud as Republican rednecked fascists supporting the wealthy and cornholing the rest of us, I am so sorry to have offended you, and look forward to doing so sometime soon. I love your to hell in a handbasket analogy. We have been using a flotilla of handbaskets, and they are watersoaked, and ready to sink as we speak, or type, or daydream, or have nightmares.

Nice of you to work on your neighbor's Honda scooter; kind of a public service gig. How about this weather? Man, Indian summer is continuing through October. No wonder I am listening to Indian flute CD's and am rediscovering the poems of Sherman Alexie. It was 40 degrees this morning at 4:30am, and regular gas is down to $2.45 per gallon. Will wonders never cease. What will happen post-November 4th to the gas prices? Nice if they left them down for a time, like the whole winter.

What is funny actually is your predisposition to worry about whether you have been clever or funny enough. That's hilarious. You breathe funny. You look funny. You live funny; a kind of Woody Allen self-deprecating blue collar land baron violin making composer. Hell, what could be funnier than that?

Glenn

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You bet'cha that's a good pitcher, Liz and if ya look real good ya can see Russia!
............Sarah

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane, Glenn, Alexie, and Sarah!
Yes, for the info of the poetic word multipliers, a picture IS worth (much) more than a thousand words!! Right on, Liz!!
Tschuess,
Anonomann

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being