Saturday, April 26, 2008

Not nice to fool with html?

Yesterday my computer decided that I need a new password.
I didn't even know I had a password.
I no longer have the use of my computer.
Fortunately, Meredith has a new laptop.
At least until she needs a new password.







Salt Creek falls a little further down.

O.K. Glenn has forwarded me something from Alex's site.
I already did this one a while back, but what the heck?
I'm going to cheat a bit because there are no books handy, so I'm going to go back to my other computer, the snooty one that's not talking to me and pick a book there.

'ang on a mo'

O.K. page 123, sentence 5, next 3 sentences.
Unfortunatly, the book is Finnegans Wake, so I'll have to approximate where sentences start and stop.
Hmmm....
I'll start at the paragraph;

Duff Mugly, who now may be quoted by very kind arrangement (his dectroscophonious phyotosensition under suprasonic light control may be logged for by our non too distant futures as soon astone values can be turned out from Chromophilomos, Limited at a millicentime the microamp), first called this kind of paddygoeasy partnershipthe ulykkhean or tetrachiric or quad-rumane or ducks and drakes or debts and dishes perplex ( Some Forestallings over that studium of Sexophonologistic Schizophre-nesis, vol xxiv,pp.2-555)


That's gotta be at least three sentances.
I'm not going to forward this to anyone else.

OOps! there's smoke coming out of my spell-checker, I'd better go

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Who set up your newest computer, Keth? Most of the time, one has to sign in to get onto the desk top, and then you will have put an icon there to connect to the internet, nes pah? So your computer blues are a mystery to a dummy like me.

I love your "random pick" three sentences from page 123 of "Finnegan's Wake". I had forgotton the level of doublespeak and Joycian prose. I thought you would have posted in NOTES FROM THE KELP to keep Alex entertained, but once I saw that you had not done so, I did so for you. What a nice bloke that Glenn is, enit?

Salt Creek creates one of the most impressive waterfalls in Oregon as it hurtles 286 feet into a gaping canyon near Willamette Pass. The size of the falls isn’t terribly notable in the area, but rather the process by which the falls were formed. Glaciers scoured the valley out during the last Ice Age, then following their retreat, lava flows filled in a portion of the valley, creating the narrow canyon walls composed of columnar basalt that are now seen at the falls. Views are afforded all along the canyon rim, from the brink of the falls to the base of the falls. In my opinion, the best views are had about ¾ of the way to the bottom of the falls. Access is possible year round, though in the winter, I don’t think the parking lot is plowed (Highway 58 is), so it should be possible to see the falls no matter the conditions.

History, Naming and Discovery:

Salt Creek Falls was discovered by Anglos Frank S. Warner and Charles Tufti, his guide, in March of 1887. Salt Creek was named after a series of springs with a high salt content often used as salt licks by wildlife. The falls were named for the creek. Though the falls are located within relatively close proximity to Eugene, this area was more or less wilderness for quite some time. The original viewpoint of the falls was from a pullout along the old Willamette Pass Road, directly across the canyon from the falls. The perspective is still possible to achieve, but there is nowhere to park, so you’d have to walk along the road from the developed viewpoints.

Located west of Willamette Pass, just off of Highway 58. The Salt Creek Falls day use area is located 21 miles east of Oakridge, or 5 miles west of Willamette Pass. The parking lot is well signed from the main road, and east bounders will undoubtedly see the falls through the trees before reaching the turnoff. The first viewpoints are handicap accessible, with the trail to the base being easy, but with numerous stairs.

Whenever we travel, Melva, aka Waterfall Woman, ferrets out all we can. We do love to stand near their roaring, their power, their beauty. Obviously, you and Meredith share that joy. One of our trips to Oregon, we spent a day finding 5 of the old covered bridges inland from the shores. That was fun too, and great pics emerge.

Glenn

7:45 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Actually, it's just one sentence.
A pretty severe one, if you ask me.
Considering that it wasn't my fault, I wasn't there and he started it.

Glenn is a nice bloke, won't argue
Tout le monde aime M. Butch.

Windows ™has a password, if you can't get to Windows ™, you cant get to any of the icons at all.

I tossed a snowball over the railing into the (salt) creek below, as far as I know, it's still falling.
O.K., it took five seconds to splash down.
Acceleration due to gravity = 32 ft per sec/sec, Figure it out, I can't.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Let's take it apart;
Tetra means four, that's easy.
Chiric has to do with the handednass of a spiral. (maybe)
Like left hand threads and right hand threads on bolts.

So puttumtogether and whattyagot?

Four lead threads, like on some Bendix™ starter motor drives?

You take it from here.

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vielen Dank, GLENN!!
For the interesting info on "how falls were formed"!!
Tschüß,
Anonomann

Pies: I like waterfalls, too, but flat Mecklenburg has none. Instead lots of lakes; Schwerin has seven within its city limits.

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being