Saturday, February 23, 2008

I'll live

I should'a done a few warm up rides before I tried the 30.
I shouldn'ta forgot about the caffeine withdrawal thingy and had more coffee before I left or at least had some when we got to Redmond 12 miles out.
I mighta slept better last night if I hadda cuppa joe after I got home.
All headache under the bridge by now, however.

Stats;
Miles - 28.4
Time - 2:49:37
Average speed - 10.0
Top speed - 20.1
Miles since I got the "compteur" - 276
Recommended training miles before trying the STP - 500

I did hit the wall @ 26 miles.
Sent my riding partner/trainer/trailboss on ahead (she has a job and all)
But with my head back in service due to this morning's brew, I am stumbling a bit because aforementioned "tete" keeps expecting "moi" to do little things that my musculature is not quite ready for.
However, "avanti" and all that, you know.

Over on FFTR, Alex's words have garnered this praise from "Monster Paperbag"

"The palette shifts
depending
on the slant
of the sea
and the mood
of the clouds."

i love this part :).

February 21, 2008 9:19 PM

Oh yeah, I had a beer and a good conversation with one of my musical colleagues
at the Triple Door last Friday eve.
Obtained some good gossip that I don't know what to do with other than to enjoy it for it's intrinsic value. Knowing what's going on always helps.

I've got to go now and help search the wilderness for additions to our kitchen project (tile for the countertops)
Book group is meeting here in March
It would be nice to have something finished.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, 26 out of 30 is pretty impressive if you ask me (you didn't, but I regularly offer unsolicited opinions).

We share kitchen remodeling this week: our Caesarstone counter tops are going in. Finally.

Caffeine is a powerful drug. I only have one good-sized mug first thing when I get up, and still, if I miss a day I feel it big time. Legal heroin, I tell ya.

My exact words weren't quite "slant of the sea," but, "slant of the sun." However, dear Glenn may have taken poetic liberty and made a substitution, which is fine with me. I defer to pros in my prose, always, and he's a pro.

Were the sea slanting, I probably would have dropped my camera and run for higher ground. Tsunami!

:-)
A

3:16 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

I would impress myself if I hadn't been doing 50s and 60s last year.

I missed the "slant of sea" thing myself.
However, there being a dearth of high ground on SJ isle one might see how fast one could evolve gills.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Actually I did not knowingly misuse Alex's prose--I just screwed up a bit. But at least some other blog reader enjoyed it. "Slant of the Sea" is quite a concept actually, so maybe it was a Joycian slip, or a Frostian fumble. But it is nice to see that both of you, at least, and one other person, seems to enjoy my jacking around the pregnant prose of Ms. Shapiro.

Kitchen remodeling can be an expensive endeavor. Probably that is why Meredith fully expects that you will deflect some of that expense with your meager mechanical skills; actually profound handyman prowess.

For some reason I only drink coffee here at work once in a while, or when I go to restaurants. My three daughters are all Starbuck's freaks, and love to brew it at home too, and their caffeine headaches are terrible it they do not get their drug several times daily. My wife, Melva, gets it from Diet Coke. I get it where and when I can, but I can take it or leave it; a symptom of getting older I guess.

As to your love affair with the chrome pedals on Fidelio, ease up, chill out, get over it. This was your first ride of the season. Mid-summer you will be back up to the 50's. No sweat. Or maybe not. But your lactic acid flashes are part of being 66, toots, bub, big boy.

Glenn

8:18 AM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Alex, I would welcome your unsolicited opinions, but then they would cease to be unsolicited.
Sic semper gloria mundi.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being