Sunday, December 16, 2007

New York, NewYork

Just read the NY Times article abt SSO.
The troops are in disarray and the General is making excuses.
Excuses with the usual rotten smell of legal dissimulation.

What a riot!

My own experience with that circus involved 10 years as a season subscriber and over 1000 hours as a volunteer and being accused by insinuation of harassment.
At least, that's what I think was on their minds.

Apparently for asking a flutist if she would listen and comment on the flute concerto.
And, dig it, two years after the complaint.
The real problem here, of course is the heavy hand of the fascist leadership.
Big monkeys slapping smaller monkeys on down to the smallest monkey, me.

The short version;
Gerry is demanding power above his artistic and leadership abilities.

Hah!

Anyway, I've laid out the whole sordid story on this site before.
look for "Origins Issue" and things with "Chutzpa" in the title.

I'd go to the trouble to link them, but I really doubt that you are that interested
in my bruised ego whining.
Just in case you are, "Origins Issue" is in the Sept -06 post


This is why I fantasize about Meredith's friend.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

So old Gerry rose up on his one good leg, and lied his ass off, or misrepresented his need to become an emporer, or demogogue, or big shot with the "O" dotted.

I thought the NY Times piece was going to be a whistle blower expose on the rottenness of SSO, and the bullying of Schwartz over his subordinates and musicians. Well, hell, things never seem to turn out as you hope and expect.

1000 hours sounds like a lot, but I guess if you spread it out over a decade, that's 100 hours a year, or about 10 hours a month, and that is a number we can assimilate and relate to. To have been "accused by insinuation" of harassment, that is the epitomy of absurdity.

You really had me going with the monkey slapping sentence. I loved it; besides all those other fine synonyms for masterbation, I forget to include, "slapping your monkey". So you took care of it for me; thanks.

Gosh, I wonder if M.P. is still giving the Palmer incident much recall, stress, or value? It would be just like her to have pushed it out of her system, as if it were a tiny moment, insignificant, not worthy of harboring. We all need to be more careful, actually. These small slights and slams that we give each other might escalate into obsessions, and worse.

Gosh, Melva has only been gone for 5 days and it feels like a week. She calls every other day, or so, and seems to be having a ball in Baltimore, playing with the less than a month old grandson, Austin Gunnar Hahn. I guess it snowed there. Serves her right for running off like that.

Glenn

6:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/subjects/c/classical_music/index.html?s=closest&&query=SEATTLE+SYMPHONY+ORCHESTRA&field=org&match=exact

12:02 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

Napoleon advances confidently on Moscow

3:11 PM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

What the hell was anonymous trying to say? Maybe is was Gerry, or MP, or even Anonomann, or perhaps Emily, or just Lane screwing around.

It was probably just another excuse or form of denial for SSO subordination and cruel behavior.

Glad to hear that the short man, old Nappo is doing fine. If he is not careful, of course, he could meet his Waterloo there.

Glenn

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Glenn!
The hyroglyphics are not mine; I speak German, not computereze.
Tschüß,
Anonomann

2:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!
I just read in the P-I on-line (www.seattlepi.com) a more extensive article (plus over 60 comments!!) about the latest uprisings in the SSOPO v. gerryschwartz mess. It is most valuable reading (i.e. > what is in the NY Times). Seems gerry chose an ideal time to fracture his ankle.
Tschüß,
Anonomann

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being