Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Zapple Violin

The project was to be a violin made from the trees in our yard. Inspired by the major trimming of the Catalpa which should make a decent violin top plate.
Unfortunately, the last decent size piece of Apple was too short. So I bought the Maple. Half way through carving the Maple I decided it was stupid to make a violin from the trees in our yard if I used trees from somebody else's yard .
Ii went back to the last bit of apple and realized if I sliced it right, I could make the back in three pieces. The Apple, however, is even more spaltier and knottier than the Maple, So I'll lower my purist standards and use the router. Not like it's ever going to get played or anything. I'll use the Maple back for a different violin.
I'm also building an odd shaped viola to go along with my odd shaped cello and two odd shaped violins and hope to get some string quartet to play my odd shaped piece for string quartet. (see earlier post with link to the odd shaped piece, it's down the page somewhere) 


Gonna take a long bike ride tomorrow
It's tomorrow now
Took a ride around the north forty today, along the way, my speedometer registered a top speed of 66 mph. I think that is inaccurate.
Also I got my bank statement and it appears that it is not an account I have with them but that we are in a "relationship" I know what that is code for in Facebook jargon, but if it means the same with my bank, I'm certainly not the one on top.
I got the Apple wood slabs glued together the markings on the wood look kinda like Frank Zappa. 

 

 
 Good night folks -  from your splinter encrusted buddy, Lane

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!!
Best wishes for your new violin-making project!!!

If you would like some people to play the instruments you built, why not try students at the many colleges in Seattle???

Toi, toi, toi!!!
Anonomann

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane,
I just tried to send an e-mail to "lanesavant@hotmail.com and to Meredith's e-mail address. Hers presumably arrived, but yours did not, as, evidently, you no longer have that address.
The massage was that we will probably arrive at 6059 around 1 p.m. on 12 June. I have my key, so nobody needs to let us in.

We are MOST grateful to YOU for your letting Anita use your bedroom!!!

Many thanks and
Tschüß,
Anonomann

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being