Wednesday, March 23, 2011

'Twas an hillarious day.

Rode a bunch of South Seattle/Renton/Skyway/Tukwila hills today.
Ten miles of 'em.
Thought I'd see if the exercise had any effect on the migraine.
Can't say as it had, but who knows?
I was wondering how to refer to my lowest ratio gearset, so I asked my old pal, Hamlet.
This is what he said.
This is what Hamlet said.
"Well" he said, Hamlet said, "You could call it your "Granny Gear" 'cause it's the easiest one to push, but that makes you sound kinda wimpy.
That could be humorous if everyone could see that you are an incredibly, massively strong biking monster.
Which they can't
And which you're not.
Or" he continued, "you could call it your "Stump Puller" which adds a touch of the absurd in picturing pulling stumps with a bicycle. That has a bit of appeal.
On the other hand...we have a thumb..hahahaha"
Not not a great sense of humor, but he continues;
"Compound Low is another possibility, or..."
Anyway, I stopped listening about then, trying to get a straight answer from the guy is next to impossible.

Anyway, I still see stars around my head and feel like shit.
Speaking of shit;
Life is shit, and money is toilet paper.
The bigger the ass, the more paper needed.

12.20 miles
7.8 average
36.4 maximum speed (What goes up slow, comes down fast)
1:33:25 trail time.
729 + 1307 = 2036.9

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

life also is a shit sandwich,
and the more bread we have,
the less shit we have to eat.
Ole' Hamlet is a thinker and
a jokester, and a royal nerd
it seems. No wonder Ophelia
dropped his princely butt;
in her own way.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Trulyfool said...

Lane,

I know those hills by driving them -- would not want to try my thighs biking them!

Exercise, Hamlet, my chum!

Trulyfool

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Lane!
The LL is also looking for a bike best: Kettler, models "Motion" or "Gamma". Do you have any ideas or experience with these? Or do any of your readers???
She (and I) also send best regards to you, Meredith, and Keth.
Tschüß,
Anonomann

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being