Friday, April 18, 2008

At least I think it will be Bruch's

This is one of my favorite photos.
I think it is a corporate logo of some sort.


Tomorrow, Saturday 19 @ 7:30, we will listen to Illka Talvi play Bruch's violin concerto with the Rainier Symphony Orchestra doing the doo-wops.
We will enjoy it thoroughly.
There will undoubtedly be some other stuff on the program, but I'd have to go look it up and you can tell by the fact that I've posted a photo that I'm feeling lazy.

Sunday it's the book group.
I can't even remember the book.
I read it, but that was last month.
And it's a whole new ball game now!
A ball game about which I do not intend to write haiku.

I'm sure I enjoyed it.
Or pretended to.
Or perhaps I hated it but am too well bred to make negative comments about anything.
Or anybody.

So don't quote me.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live to amuse!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

That is one of Alex's very best sides, so some say. I think it looks a bit like a Wookie from STAR WARS.

OMG, I have logged 25 hours into FEEL FREE TO READ over the last four days. I have discovered the joy of adding pictures and prints to the various postings, and it has really spruced up the site. When my son in law returns from Mexico, I will be re-instructed in how to scan my personal photos in, and then look out world!

In terms of Max Bruch:
Other works include two other concerti for violin and orchestra (which Bruch himself regarded as at least as fine as the famous first); a Concerto for Two Pianos and Orchestra; and a Concerto for Viola, Clarinet and Orchestra. There are also 3 symphonies, which, while not displaying any originality in form or structure, nevertheless show Bruch at his best as a composer of fine melodic talent and a gift for orchestration, firmly in the tradition of the Romantics. He wrote a number of chamber works, including a set of eight pieces for piano, clarinet, and viola and a string octet.

The violinists Joseph Joachim and Willy Hess advised Bruch on composing for strings, and Hess performed the premieres of a number of works by Bruch, including the Concert Piece for Violin and Orchestra, Op. 84, which was composed for him.

In closing, I would like to present the next posting on FFTR:

The Book Club

Sunday
it's the book group.
I can't even remember
the book.
I read it,
but that was
last month.
And it's a whole new
ball game now!
A ball game
about which
I do not intend
to write haiku.

I'm sure
I enjoyed it.
Or pretended to.
Or perhaps
I hated it
but am too well bred
to make negative comments
about anything.
Or anybody.

So don't quote me.

Doug Palmer April 2008

Sure was glad you did not create more haiku.

Glenn

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being