Saturday, September 15, 2007

Too mush Mike's?

Anonymous writes:
Lane, your last comment on "Coalface" was as long as your posts. And now this post is like the comments section. What gives?

Ann Ominous writes:
It's like the second chapter of the second book of Finnegans Wake where the text and the footnotes change place. Is this deliberate?.......unonominous.

Lane Savant writes:
No, actually, I just intended to answer some of Butch's questions but I got rolling and let 'er rip.

Emily writes:
Come on Dougie dear, you just want to brag that you've read so much Joyce.

Seneca writes:
Are you ever going to give us the translations?

Lane Savant writes:
I misplaced the book I got the Latin from. Soon.....soon.

Cicero writes:
No need for any translations here.

Scriptus Plautus:
Hic astabo tantisper cum hac forma et factis frustra is from my own Miles Gloriosus;
It means, "Am I to stand, idle and unnoticed, so handsome and so heroic, all for nothing?"

Lane Savant scriptus
Gee, Plaut...Thanks a lot, I wanted to do that.

Plautus ecrit;
Timing you fool, is the most important thing. You were dragging it out too long.

Cicero chimes in again:
I agree with Plautie, "Quid de utilitate loquar stercorandi?" is from my "De Senectute"
It means "What can I say about the usefulness of spreading manure?

El Savant cries in his cerevesium:
Be that way, but I get "Bibamus, moriendum est". It means "life is short, let's have a drink" Hah!. Put it together with the spell-check version about "Bigamous Miranda" and we've got a party goin'on.

Doug types merrily:
"Ave Amicae" means "hello friends" "Vale Lacerte" means "See ya later alligator"

Vale Amicae

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Buttkus said...

Actually, the posting and comments do interface quite nicely, and yes, often thanks to the verasity and vigor of your readership, the comments section is thicker than a brick, and longer than a tapeworm. But you do have the right, the privledge, and the tenactity, to twist the blog every which way, and it will be up to us to sort things out --don't you think?

I guess I will have to actually read FINNEGAN'S WAKE to fully appreciate your analogy. Maybe Ann could loan me her copy.

Yes, this Butch character does make torrid, turgid, and numerous inquiries, don't he?

It seems to me, if memory serves, that you were reading James Joyce when the rest of us were still reading Batman comics and Mad Magazine, which you were also reading, when you weren't taking an engine out of some car and cramming it into another, or swapping out windshields, or beefing up a trannie (that transmission not transexual!).

Nice to hear from Antiquity --yet another perk for the loyal readers of FFTL. Emily D., Seneca, Cicero, and Platus. But what does bother me in an old fashioned way is that beyond their intellect and great philosophies and poetry, one was a dyke, and the others were pedophilles and bugger agents, rump rangers, and not the Cooze Comandoes we could and should admire.

Many of us do in fact stand all alone, but perhaps not so unnoticed as you might surmise. And remember all, no one is handsome and heroic all for nothing. There are ripples in the fabric of the universe that are beyond radio waves and alpha particles when it comes to those qualities.

All I can add is all hail Glutuous Maximus, and Vale Savantus.

Glenn

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got lost.
-- Anonomann

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
My worth as a human being